Please fill out the form below or click here to register for the event.
Please fill out the form above or click here to register for the event.
Date: October 20, 2020
Timeframe: 08:00-09:30 am PDT, 11:00 am -12:30 pm EDT, 16:00-18:30 BST
Description: This is a joint webinar between the Journal of Science Policy & Governance (JSPG) and UK Science and Innovation Network, with the goal of engaging students and early career researchers in developing policy and governance solutions needed to address the widest range of climate, energy, and environmental tenets of the COP 26 conference. The webinar will feature British and American academics as well as representatives from the UK’s COP 26 teams, who will address ways to implement policy solutions and engage young people on these issues.
Audience: Early career researchers (ECRs) with an interest in climate, energy and environmental policy.
- Engage prospective early-career authors in discussing climate change
- Design global climate change solutions aligned with COP26
- Implement policy solutions around UK’s COP 26 priority campaigns
Adriana Bankston: Chief Outreach Officer, Journal of Sci ence P olicy & Governance (JSPG)
Speaker introductions & moderator:
Ronit Prawer: Director, East Coast, UK Science and Innovation Network
1) Adaptation and resilience to climate change:
Jennifer Brown: Physical Oceanographer, National Oceanography Centre, UK
Tiffany Troxler: Director of Science, Sea Level Solutions Center, Institute of Environment & Associate Professor, Earth and Environment Department, Florida International University
2) The Energy Transition - Phasing Out Coal Power:
- Claire Haggett: Senior Lecturer, University of Edinburgh
- Brian Murray: Director, Energy Initiative, Duke University
3) Nature-Based Solutions to Climate Change:
- Pete Smith: Professor of Soils & Global Change, University of Aberdeen
- Diego Saez-Gil: Co-founder & CEO, Pachama
Registration closes 5pm EST on October 19, 2020.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org